6.28.2008

The Boring Goodness

‘Boring Goodness’ is how I would like to describe the music that has come out so far in Tamil films in 2008. There were many good songs with good melodies but very few of them have that extra something that would make the song stand the testimony of time. There weren’t many songs that blew my mind. I don’t know why I feel so. May be these days I don’t give a serious ear to Tamil film music. I don’t buy and listen to every other Tamil film soundtrack that comes out, which I used to do before. But here are my picks from whatever I listened to so far in 2008, which I may want to listen decades down the line

1. Yen Unnidam (Chakra Vyuham)
2. En Idhayathai Kaanom (Chakra vyuham)
3. Aagayam Kaanamal (Saadhu Miranda)
4. Vallamai Tharayo (Vallamai Tharayo)
5. Uyirilae (Vellithirai)
6. Venmegam (Yaaradi Nee Mohini)
7. Kanden Kanden (Pirivom Santhipom)
8. Manasukkul (Anjathey)
9. Aavaram Poovukkum (Arai En 305il Kadavul)
10. Aganthayil Aaduvathaa (Uliyin Oosai)

14 comments:

jeevagv said...

Thanks for the shortlist Suresh.
I hardly listened anything this year.
Will try to give these an ear.

Saraks said...

Subramaniapuram has a few songs that can make it to the list.

Unknown said...

Not even heard one song from the list! :(
Thanks for the post, as always your "best of xx" posts helps me catch up

Smiles,
Vinayak

Vinith said...

Saraks spoke my mind.

Guess, you haven't listened to Subramaniyapuram songs. Listen to Kadhal Siluvaiyil and Kangal irandal... Good bumbers.

No song from Dham Dhoom and Vazthukkal??

P.S. Suresh Kumar said...

saraks and vinith - Heard the songs of 'subramaniyapuram', liked the Shankar mahadevan number...

dhaam dhoom and vazhthukkal have exactly the kind of songs imeant as 'boringly good'....

Unknown said...

I like the "Kanavile" song from Nepali too.

P.S. Suresh Kumar said...

ramesh - haven't listened to nepali songs... will check out that song..

Filbert said...

I loved the Vedanai pola song from Nepali.

BTW, any Kuselan songs review on the horizon?

P.S. Suresh Kumar said...

filbert - I read your kuselan music review and that stopped me from listening it.

I seriously need to check out Nepali with so much recommendation...

Vinith said...

Suresh,

In fact i wanted to spk abt kuselan.

Give a try yaar. Check out my review. At first i dint like even a single song. But now it grows in me.

I guess you'll love two songs in it.

P.S. Suresh Kumar said...

Vinith - Well, though i am not so eager...i will definitely listen to it...

Unknown said...

Haven't you heard Kuchelan songs? Came thrice to the site to read your comments.

I have heard and liked three out of five songs. The Daler Mehndi number is good. There is a song "Perinba pechukkaran" which appears to be an extension of Veyilodu Vilayadi with almost same feel, but is very catchy and enjoyable like the original number.

P.S. Suresh Kumar said...

Samaruna - Heard it once. I am totally into 'Uliyin Oosai' for past one week, nothing else matches up with the songs from 'Uliyin Oosai'....

Door Hangers said...

I Saw Good post in you blog great. By Postcard Printing